Welcome to the Beaver Den

Ride a motorcycle and have an attitude? Has the word "bitch" occasionally been directed your way? Is your other cycle a "menstrual cycle"? Perhaps you've come to the right place...

Oh yeah, men are welcome too....

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Tar, Baby!

Is there anything more hateful than tar smeared all over your bike's beautiful paint? This happened to me a few years back. The tarring crew didn't mark their work zone very well and I came through a stretch of fresh tar and pea rock about 90 on my newly purchased custom. Believe me I was hotter than the tar they were pouring! I rode home as fast as possible wondering what I could do to get this stuff off my fender and oil bag. The tar was still gooey but I was afraid to try wiping it off, especially with pea rock embedded. For some reason it occured to me to try Pledge. I sprayed a liberal dose over the tar and the paint, let it set for a few moments and lo-and-behold it wiped off like water!! I was ecstatic to say the least. I haven't had the opportunity to try this on tar that has set up yet, thankfully, but this is the ticket if you can get to it right away. Pledge is also awesome on bugs. Spray it on and wipe them off before and during a wash. This also makes the next batch of insects come off much easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment